Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day @ School



It is my son's first day at school.  Last night, I got his outfit ready, packed his bag, and got the stroller out for a younger child.  I planned out how much time we would need to get him to school on time, with 15 minutes to spare.  The day before, we reminded him that he would be going to school the next day.

When we woke up, we went downstairs for breakfast, to make sure he gets his daily vitamin and milk.  He did not eat very much of his breakfast and this added to the anxiety that was building in my stomach!

I allowed the boys to get some fresh air outside while I calmed down.  Then, after checking that I've got everything the three of us needed, we walked to school.

It was a cool morning and the boys were both in good spirits.  A teacher greeted us.  We went further down the hall to our new class and greeted his teacher, Ms. Rachel.  I was not more than 3 minutes in his class when he gave me a hug and a big kiss, and waved goodbye.  Not a single tear drop or frown on his face.  I don't know whether to be glad or sad.  The first day of school was harder for me than it was for him.

What's next?!  I think these little milestones our children achieve are parents' lessons for letting go.  Dear God, please look after my baby!